Part-Time Legislative Intern
Job Summary: The Legislative Intern will assist the Director of Government Affairs and their support staff during the regular session of the 2022 Indiana General Assembly. This part-time, paid internship offers experience in understanding the legislative process including, but not limited to, covering committee meetings, tracking vote counts, monitoring the bill process as well as interaction with legislators and clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct research on related issues as requested and summarize findings
- Compile and summarize progress for key legislation in weekly e-newsletters
- Attend committee hearings and document pertinent information
- Prepare weekly bill tracking reports to be communicated with clients
- Manage communications between lobbyists and other team members
- Some college or law school required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starting independence with ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity as appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of legislative process is a plus
This position requires the intern to be in the office or at the Statehouse through the duration of this internship. Remote work or work from home option is not available.
To be considered, submit cover letter and resume via email firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 8, 2021. Questions should be directed to this email address above or 317-673-4200.